AI Discussion 4-24 **SPOILERS INSIDE*

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I think they are in love
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Simon has a different shirt on tonight? And it's missing a button? I may have to take a cold shower....

I think Melinda still has the best voice, but the fact that she's already for the most part a professional singer kind of detracts from her for me. What's Jordin's background?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Simon has a different shirt on tonight? And it's missing a button? I may have to take a cold shower....
He's showing a bit of chest...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to join y'all late since Earl will NOT watch Idol, and he gets dibs on the computer room TV...

Um, Chris needs to go. He massacred a classic song.

Melinda is really good, and she really did take the song and make it hers, not just a rehash of the original artist.

Blake was OK, but I think that the song wasn't a great song to show off vocally. I think he did a good job with it, though.

LaKisha...well, I was really looking forward to seeing her since I've heard so many good things about her, but I have to agree with the judges. It wasn't a very good performance, and she was shouting it as much as singing it.

Phil, well, I think Chris should be the VFTW candidate, but he's a close second. And if this is an improvement??? :shock:

Jordin was very good. I could have sworn I heard a bad note in there, but since no one else mentioned it, I may have been hearing things.
It was a really good performance, especially since you could tell that she was choking back the tears through most of the song.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think the judges decided not to be really mean to anyone because of the whole Idol Gives Back" theme. There is no one some of them deserved praise.

All in all, I don't think anyone had a spectacular night.

Chris - Absolutely horrible. How could the judges, including Simon (!) possibly say it was good??

Jordin - she did well, but not as well as people are making it out to be. It's amazing that she is only 17, and even if she doesn't win, she will get a recording contract out of this. It will be interesting to hear her mature vocally as her career grows.

Melinda - She didn't do as well as she noramlly does IMO, but still a great job. It has been nice to see her dress and sing a bit more "current" the past few weeks. She's still my favorite.

Lakisha - What was she thinking taking on a Fantasia song? She bombed with a Carrie Underwood Song last week. She made a lot of the same mistakes this week as she did last week.

Phil - Better than normal, but not as good as last week. Simon had excellent advice for him on adding the country element to his vocals.

Blake - His performance was a disappointment for me. He has not done that well the past few weeks. I hope he can turn it around.

My guess for going home is either Chris or Lakisha.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

My guess for going home is either Chris or Lakisha.
I think Lakisha might be headed home- its a close call between who I think between the both of them.

I tried voting for Blake last night, but the lines were crazy busy all night! So much for trying to help him out!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking LaKisha or Chris too. Seriously, what was she thinking doing not just one but TWO Idol winners' songs in a row? I thought Simon's comments last year to that girl who tried to do a Kelly Clarkson song would have certainly been a big sign to future contestants, "You just proved that you are not as good as one of our past winners." (sic)

Chris just sucks.