AHHHHH My Hair is lavender!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about coloring my hair again, but after reading all of this I think I'll get it done professionally. I've always done it in the past but it'd be just my luck it'd turn some funky color!

Plus, I'm not sure what color I want to go with quite yet. But I can tell you, I'm not into Lavender...even though the pic's were pretty cool!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kev
I think this thread is highly bias towards you lot who have hair!!! My wife says I have nuclear hair - it has too much fall out, my work colleagues say I have fly away hair= its so far flown away off my head and into another country.
I used to have a lot more and started losing it - I was on a farm watching some sheep get sheared and I fell in with them. The next thing I knew was I was flat on my back with some big bloke holding my body like a sheep and the rest is history .zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all over the top and sides and now am kinda used to it.

donations gratefully accepted

Kev
my sense of humor seems to be back - I am amazed!
LMAO

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once in a while I'll do one of those wash out hair dyes. Natural Instincts is a good one.. I like to do the auburn red

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and people wonder why I stillhavnt tried the boxes of dye I got. I plan to sometime this month though since grandma is ok now and can help me. It didnt look too bad...lol...just needed to be all over. What box was it that did that...the stuff I'm gonna use is colorspa by loreal....

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
...the stuff I'm gonna use is colorspa by loreal....
I tried the Colorspa, when it first hit the market and I didn't like it. After about a week, it went brassy on me. Excellence or Preference for me!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh...what do you mean by brassy....My hair is a light brown and Im trying to go darker. Since this stuff susposedly washes out in about a month I chose it so if I didnt like it it wouldnt matter.....

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
very punk!
I had tried to dye my hair, but dark brown doesnt take well to other colors. The best I can ever hope for is some good highlights.

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He he, ok i read Tammies posts about her hair turning lavendar, so i'm thinking....ok she's blonde, i'm dark brunette, those funky colours only happen to blondes....right???

Ok so it's winter here, no sun, so my skin tone is turning paler and paler, almost porcelain like, and with my very dark eyes.... i'm thinking ( and seeing!)Morticia from Adams family in the mirror

Ok so off to shops, decide on L'Oreal Excellence Natural Light Brown, looks like a good warm shade of brown almost like milk chocolate, not too far out for my hair.....should be ok, right??

half hour later and i am now officially carrot top!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmm how????

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you naturally have dark hair, you have to strip off your natural color. Clairol makes a good bleach. I think that its called "Born Blond". It comes in a blue-and-white package.

With any color, if you've never dyed before, its a good idea to do a test first. The instructions are in the package.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by JasmineCat
He he, ok i read Tammies posts about her hair turning lavendar, so i'm thinking....ok she's blonde, i'm dark brunette, those funky colours only happen to blondes....right???

Ok so it's winter here, no sun, so my skin tone is turning paler and paler, almost porcelain like, and with my very dark eyes.... i'm thinking ( and seeing!)Morticia from Adams family in the mirror

Ok so off to shops, decide on L'Oreal Excellence Natural Light Brown, looks like a good warm shade of brown almost like milk chocolate, not too far out for my hair.....should be ok, right??

half hour later and i am now officially carrot top!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmm how????
Opps! Call the number on the package for customer service, if there is one. They are very good at telling you how to fix color.

Man! I opened a can of worms here, didn't I?

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
half hour later and i am now officially carrot
Congratulations - I have been married to a red head/ carrot top for years and have a son that is also a red head - both I call carrot tops or duracel as they are both red / copper colored up there. possibly duracel is the better name as when they both get started - like the battery - they go on, and on and on and on and on.

I love my car - its my means of escape.

I get a red head a few times a year - normally caused through being a foot taller than most in my familly and thats a foot nearer the sun. ouch! suncream days are not good for me......

kev
wondering where the squeak went that I put some oil on a door hinge this afternoon. Have been looking for it as it stopped right after i oiled it - wierd

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had hair the colour of Ribena(blackcurrant)once but I did that on purpose to match my dress for my last summer ball at university. I did dye my hair blond once and ended up with hair the colour of chicken tikka, I sent my dad out to get a nice permanant blue black l'Oreal straight away and had to redo it every fortnight because the colour kept fading and left me with funny blue/grey hair. Thank goodness it was short then!!