Aggressive playing?

emmilyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two male kittens who are almost six and seven months old. Boone, the oldest, was neutered at about five months old. Remy, who I have only had for about two months, was neutered this past Saturday.

They have gotten alone perfectly since Remy was brought home. Always playing or sleeping together. But tonight I noticed that they seemed more aggressive while playing. More teeth involved and they were meowing while "fighting", which they have never done before. And they really seem to b fixated on each other.

It's not rough enough for me to be overly concerned yet, but I'm scared it could be the start of more aggressive behaviour.

Thoughts? Advice?

cgillo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have heard that when they come back from the vet they have a different smell so maybe that is why your other cat is reacting this way. Or maybe they need to be re-introduced because he was away from home for a short while. These things affect them. Maybe separate in another room for a few days and try some Feliway. That is what I would do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmilyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try and set up a room so that they can be seperated tomorrow. As if right now they only have one Litter box so it's difficult but I will try and pick another up tomorrow! I've heard of the feliway, I'll definitely give that a try!

It's not a constant thing. Right now they are both asleep on my bed with me. I think they've wiped themselves out! I'm just worried about it turning into a more aggressive behaviour. I could be over reacting!

Last edited:

cgillo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could have just been the vet smell. I have also read about wiping them both with the same smell... I just can't remember what hahahah. I have had cats come back from the vet and get hissed at because they don't smell like themselves. Another litterbox will help also. Some don't like to even poop and pee in the same one so that is stressful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmilyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They don't have an issue with using the same litter box, they eat out of the same bowls.. No problems. They will sleep together once tired out.. Just playing more aggressively.