aggressive kitty

friendly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 10 year old spaded female and I also have a 7 month neuter male kitten that is very aggressive with my older cat. I got the kitten when he was 11 weeks old from the cat shelter and he was aggressive with my older cat even at that age. He attacks and bites my older cat to the point were he tear her fur out. I have tried everything that I can think of to get him not to attack the cat. I am to the point that I am going to get rid of the kitten because I don't know what else to do. I have had cats all my life and I have never had a kitten with his temperament. He is a sweet and loving kitten with us but he is a terror and bully with my older cat. I NEED HELP !!!PLEASE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

friendly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I introduced them the way I always have with my cats and kittens and never had a problem. I never had a cat or kitten with this type of personality. I may try to reintroduce them. I don't know what else to do. Thanks

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm having a similar problem as well.. I slowly (and properly) introduced a female kitten, Storm, to my two adult cats. My older male seems to continue living as if nothing has changed and she doesn't exist, but she bullies my adult female, Tiki. Tiki now spends a good portion of the day under the bed.. on watch-out. They groom each other often and I've seen them sleeping together, but Tiki is always on the look-out and looks uneasy as Storm will bite her (she usually goes for the neck) if she can sneak up on her quick enough.. it's quiet frustrating. Storm can be the sweetest cat but she's terrorizing Tiki. I think the most part they do play, but I've heard Tiki scream.. If Tiki comes around and Storm see's her she'll pounce on her without fail... I'm looking for tips as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

friendly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hopefully someone can give us some good advice.

lostgirl12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried Feliway plug-ins? It also comes in a spray you could use in common areas, like where they play or eat. It should help some with the aggression.

I would also suggest re-introduction as mentioned above...I also firmly believe some cats just don't get along with other cats (or, some cats would do better as an only cat). I have had too much experience trying to make cats get along when it just wasn't going to happen, despite my best efforts. 

Another option may be to try something like Prozac. I have an aggressive cat on it and it costs a little more than $30 a month to get it at a compounding pharmacy (the liquid tastes like chicken and he likes it, so it's easy to give him). That may sound extreme, but I wanted to mention it anyway. My cat was attacking me and drawing blood, besides attacking my other cats as well, so it was an easy decision for me to make.  

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting, I'll have to try Feliway, it's worth a try. Storm can be so cuddly and affectionate (with her humans and cat siblings), but every now and then when I go to smooth her down she'll turn on her back and latch on to my hand.. she's definitely not trying to hurt me as it wouldn't be hard to with her kitten nails and teeth, but it does leave scratches.. I guess she's a little unpredictable with everyone. Fingers crossed this helps! Thanks!