Aggressive Cat

Dannderellie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, my male cat (whiskers) has always been playful/aggressive since I adopted him as a kitten. He is just over a year old and we have always had a problem with him attacking our feet when we try to walk through the house and he has never liked being picked up or petted and will nip at you if you try. He also will attack our dog for no reason out of the blue. Anyways he has recently been getting worse and attacked my mother twice now for no reason to the point where she needed to go to the doctor. I have a baby due in three weeks and a four year old who is now scared of the cat as he witnessed him attack my mother...she had to hit him to get him to let go of her leg. He does go outside and hates being in the house...I find his aggression gets worse if we keep him in. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help? I am an animal lover and had my last cat for 16 yrs and my dog is 11 I am not the type of person to want to regime an animal but I feel I have no choice.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is he neutered? Does he have wand toys that you use to play with him where he can pounce on objects instead of your feet?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to ask the same thing, is he neutered? If he's neutered and still acting like this, then I would get him a vet checkup. I've got 2 former ferals, basically wild from the woods, and they've never attacked me when I was minding my own business, not even touching them. So this doesn't sound right. He might not feel well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise