Aggression towards other cats

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sage, my polydactyl manx,got spayed Sunday and since she is polydactyl that extra claw on each foot removed. Thyme, her cream tabby half tailed male kitten, hisses at her and growls and then afterwards he attacks Rosemary,his long tailed tortoiseshell polydactyl sister, or anything else that is in his way. Could it be because she smells different?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sage, my polydactyl manx,got spayed Sunday and since she is polydactyl that extra claw on each foot removed. Thyme, her cream tabby half tailed male kitten, hisses at her and growls and then afterwards he attacks Rosemary,his long tailed tortoiseshell polydactyl sister, or anything else that is in his way. Could it be because she smells different?
Yes, the scent of her being at the vet upsets everyone.  A trick is to have them all smelling the same.  I have heard of taking a cotton ball soaked in vanilla and gently rubbing it all cats.  Get 3 clean socks.  Rub each cat with their own scent being sure to get the scent glands under the chin and on the paws.  Then take the socks and rub the other cats with the scents.  This will have them all smelling the same.  The trick is to do the sock rub down before the cat goes to the vet and then transfer scents before the cat comes back into the house.

Feliway plug ins also help to calm the situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks I will try that. I know male bobtails are generally aggressive, but I didn't think he would start this early. I love bobtail cats though. Sage is eating and drinking and using the litter box alright as far as that goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All seems good now :3 thanks yall