aggression during play?

moonkissed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I am fostering 4 kittens that were born feral but I took them in at about 5 weeks, they are now 7 weeks. Since the first day they have shown no aggression. They are playful, sweet, loving kittens.

Well today I brought out the wand toy. It is a mouse that makes a Tweety noise(!? Lol), bungy cord, feathers at the top and the wand for me to hold. They love it and chase it like mad. Normal kitten behavior.

Bella though got a hold of the feathers and held on for dear life. It was no more cute kitten mode but aggressive predator cat. She was growling, swatting at me or her siblings if we came near, would not let go, and fluffed up.

Bella had always been the most mellow of them. She had been more stand offish then the others and I gave extra bunches of love/attention & she started coming around now to be quite lovely so this surprised me.

It worries me. Should I be worried? Her sibiligs were confused and backed off leaving her alone when it happened.

What can I do about it?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's normal behavior. Bella caught the prey and it is hers. 
 I am not sure if you can curb her hunting instinct, but you can train her to drop whatever she has in her mouth. I have done it with my cats when they bring in a live prey. But it is not 100% guarantee it is followed every time.