After washroom

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I notice it my cat Meeko always when go to litter box to have his business till done then his paws always it like wipe his paw on the wall all the times make me why why why why he always like use his paw to wipe on the wall for?? explain please?? yes it been bother me and I trying find google but no luck to find what exactly :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat more often then not will 'wipe' at the wall too, he has done this for years. I think he wants to scratch but doesn't want to 'bury' anything, he always leaves everything uncovered! I think it's harmless, just something 'odd' our cats do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wasnt sure how to explain .. I know it is not wipe and i was trying to explain what he do with the wall from his paw rub or something hard to explain but hope know what I was mean ?? lol .. but got your saying maybe it was mean scratch :D or maybe he was just want clean off from his paw from in littler box not want get dirty on his paw? :D lol 

tnyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I wasnt sure how to explain .. I know it is not wipe and i was trying to explain what he do with the wall from his paw rub or something hard to explain but hope know what I was mean ?? lol .. but got your saying maybe it was mean scratch :D or maybe he was just want clean off from his paw from in littler box not want get dirty on his paw? :D lol 
that is exactly correct!

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats do this and it drives me crazy! Glad to hear there are other kitties who scratch the wall-I was beginning to think my girls were a little slow, lol!

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh your cats same thing?? yeah it give me crazy and watching that in my mind or I talk to him hmm why you do that?? hmmm sometime he staring at me when I talk to him then ignore me and keep going his paw on the wall till done then walk off LOL!!!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'm wondering if you should try a scratching pad on the wall where he likes to scratch at? Maybe it'll be better for him, and keep your walls clean?

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good idea!!! lol but not allow put on wall :( yeah I live in apartment :(

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a good idea.  Casper does this all the time also.  One of the boxes is in our office, tucked in a corner near the door leading to the attic.  The problem is that room was recently painted - only about a year ago.  He's totally going to ruin the wall and door finish if we don't figure something out.  Might even be too late.  I haven't had the wherewithall to inspect too closely because I know I'll probably be aggravated and there isn't anywhere else to move the box.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat does this too, he'll scratch on the sides of the box where there is no sand. He's diligent about burying his items though, so I chalk it up to "just a cat thing".

My theory is that domestic cats bury their waste instinctively without knowing exactly why or how - a leftover from the wild cats who need to hide their scent and tracks. I think my box is a bit small for Jed, so when he "ran out" of sand at the bottom, he scratches the sides thinking that'll help.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey all,
Does he have a scratching pad at all?

My friend's cats all did that..eventually she got trabsparent plastic sticky covers (like the ones used for books) .. very cheap they are... and she out these on whatever the cats scratch, including the wall... and then removed them when they lost interest...

I am not sure if that would help any of you...

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes he have scratch post but he is not intersting in that post :? lol .. all he do with my carpet lol :D