After 98 days..... I finally see....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, spoke to the vet today and as I thought he will refill his Sulfasalazine meds for another round. He thinks once Bugsy adjusts to the new food he might be fine, as we saw a great effect with this drug. We are going in today for a liver and kidney panel to make sure the drug is safe and not damaging those organs - he will need to have those tests run often if he continues this treatment long term, at least 2-3 times a month.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

We are going in today for a liver and kidney panel to make sure the drug is safe and not damaging those organs
Good luck at the vet, I hope Bugsy is ok!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Good luck at the vet, I hope Bugsy is ok!
Thanks hun

Bugsy is not showing any signs of liver problems, jaundice or anything... The vet said very rarely this occurs, but it CAN occur and since Bugsy is a complicated cat, we better be on the safe side. His blood will be run in an outside lab (Texas A&M) as they run more liver enzymes there than his in-house lab. He also lost 2lbs in 2 months, so we want to be extra careful with him.
On a good note... His poop, even though still soft, seems to be firming up again today, so he just probably had a food shock but is now getting adjusted to it