after 24 years of waiting...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new kitty! She's just adorable!

And all that food you're cooking looks soooooo gooooood! I love curries, but they don't love me (Urp!)

And a happy holiday to you.

ETA: I also like the name Noura or Nour... it's a "heavenly" light as has been explained to me. And since she brought so much light and love into your home already....

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful - and will get only more beautiful as she realizes she's in her forever home with a loving family. She looks so happy already. So glad things are working out so well so far!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she look SO sweet!! I, too, love the name Noura for her, but of course, it depends if she will respond to it. Congrats on your new addition
Your curry and cabbage stir-fry looks delicious, by the way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I didn't post my favorite picture of Kitty (which may just become her name, since we still haven't agreed on one
). this is my wallpaper on my work computer.

Kitty is adjusting well. She's a little less clingying, I think. Either that, or I'm getting used to having a cat on my lap every minute I'm home. Let's see, she didn't like the first wet food I fed her last night. She licked all the gravy off, chewed on a few chunks and then spit them out on the carpet
Let's hope we have better luck with the next brand, although I think I have 15 different kinds to try out, ha.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

...I have a cat! She's currently sitting on my lap and giving me a look that says "why are you using both your hands to type? You should be petting me!"

We adopted her from the humane society yesterday. She's 4 years old, a bit on the pudgy side, and a big ol ball of love. After sniffing tentitively around the apartment yesterday, she was snuggling in our laps and demanding attention. I was a bit worried, since I had read that cats may hide when brought into a new home, but this girl is not shy at all.

The only down side is that she is perhaps a bit too needy and maybe has some abandonment issues. The bedroom is off limits, since I have asthma and allergies, and need one cat hair free zone. When the husband and I go into the bedroom and shut the door, she sits outside meowing. And if we don't snuggle her for 15 minutes, she's meowing at our feet. Thankfully, she let us sleep just fine, and I'm hoping once she realizes we won't abandon her and are going to give her plenty of love, she won't need to demand attention.

We don't have a name for her yet. I like Rabia (after a famous early muslim woman) and Shams (arabic for sun, and also a famous sufi), and the husband likes Habiba (loved in arabic) and Noura (light in arabic). She was called Mitze, but she doesn't answer to it, so we don't feel bad about changing her name. So far she's just kitty and sweety.

I have a free vet appointment scheduled for this weekend, so I'm going to talk with him about the amount of food we should be feeding her. They had her on Purina One at the humane society (bleck!) and I got a free bag with the adoption. I'm going to wean her onto origen I think, although I also have bags of Solid Gold and Innova to mix things up.

So, enough of me rambling, here's our kitty!

Checking out her new home:

Ah yes, I think I like it here

And finally, sulking because I'm typing rather than giving her attention, lol
She is gorgeous
and she looks soooooooooo much like my Nemo