Affordable decent looking cat tree

sarahliz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite cat trees that don't cost an arm and a leg? I have come to realize Chowder doesn't really have any "lookout" spots in the house and I think he would be happy with a cat tree.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two cat trees that I love. They are both made by Catware. The cats use them constantly and they were $100 at Pet Valu. I think you can order them online too. I like them because they are very sturdy. Mine play hard on them and they are holding up well. I also like the really big sleeping spot up top. It's big enough for them to sleep together up there. I also like that it has edges around the top platform. It looks really cozy when they snuggle in there and I'm not worried they will fall off while sleeping

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to look those up also.  We have several "up higher" spots in our home but none that are cat tree high.  We keep talking about buying one (at least) but every one I see is a) too expensive and b) they all look really flimsy for the price or c) I don't like the configurations (concerned my older cat won't be able to access higher areas).  My natural inclination would be to just spend good money on one that is far more that is built to last, but I may have to wait until my holiday bonus comes around for that :D

Last edited:

sashmitri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an aramarkat two cat model.  It sells on amazon prime (free two day shippping) for $89. That's not CHEAP, but it's really good quality and the cats love it.  I saw some smaller and less expensive versions on Amazon as well (maybe a one cat model for about $40), with free shipping for prime members.  I think Aramarkat is solid quality and will last.  I read reviews of the cheaper brands and they said the tubes were flimsy and made of cardboard.  I think it's worth a reasonable cat investment for a lifetime of happy climbing cat.