AFC & NFC Championship games!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Congrats Giants!!!
I am not saying this just because I live near Dallas. But this year's Superbowl will be the biggest mismatch in history. The NYG, who had a 10-6 season record are playing a team with a 16-0 season record. I just saw a Las Vegas oddsmaker was giving a three touchdown edge to the Patriots.

Yes, I am saying this because I live near Dallas.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Packers could have won!
They pretty much blew the game on their own.

So much for the "better" team.

I hate to admit it, but the Giants played better: they deserved the win.

I hope they win the SB - even though they beat my Packers. I hate the Cheaters (Pats)!

What a heart attack game that was!

~KK~

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The game I was watching, the only reason the game was even close was because the Giants failed to capitalize on some huge opportunities. I mean, either of those two field goals would have won the game. Not dropping the pass at the 2 would have been good. Not fumbling the ball after another interception on Farve would have stopped the Packer's scoring drive. And so would not doing something stupid to get that penalty...

The stats were totally in favor of the Giants. They were the better team tonight. Maybe not always, but tonight they were.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to say it but I dont even know if Ill watch the superbowl... My favorite teams both went down!

The Cowboys threw the game for themselves last sunday!

Then Greenbay goes down tonight!!

That was the 12th straight playoffs that the cowboys had lost and it sucked! It didn't help that my father and my DH were picking on me the whole game rootin for the other team!!

So this week I was rootin for GB, and DH was rootin for the Giants, and I get my Butt whooped again!! I take Football very personally, and this blows!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittKatt;2140104 said:
The Packers could have won!
They pretty much blew the game on their own.

So much for the "better" team.

I hate to admit it, but the Giants played better: they deserved the win.

I hope they win the SB - even though they beat my Packers. I hate the Cheaters (Pats)!

What a heart attack game that was!

Please come over to my house and cry with me. The Cowboys were within 2 seconds of beating the horrible NYG and now they (the NYG) have lucked out again. The NYG had a 10-6 record season. The Patriots had a 16-0 season. DUH! The biggest mismatch is superbowl history since the famous Joe Namath predicted viictory when they were also thee touchdown underdogs.

Well, here are my lamentations: The @#@@#$# Giants are representing the NFC.
I am a Cowboy fan but I guess I have to hope for the biggest upset in Superbowl history come two weeks.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The state of Wisconsin is in mourning today......
On one of the GB TV stations this morning they had a psychologist on about depression over the loss!!! And interviewing at local restaurants to get opinions. Will have to stop this morning and pick up a GB newspaper to see the headlines.

But really the Pack just couldn't seem to get any offense going. I couldn't even watch the game once the 4th quarter started.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

On one of the GB TV stations this morning they had a psychologist on about depression over the loss!!! And interviewing at local restaurants to get opinions. Will have to stop this morning and pick up a GB newspaper to see the headlines.

But really the Pack just couldn't seem to get any offense going. I couldn't even watch the game once the 4th quarter started.
I always forget the passion of GB fans.

I was in an interesting position last night...I wanted NY to win, because as a Bears fan, I am obligated to hate the Packers. But, I wanted GB to win, because I hate the Pats even more and thought that the Favre and GB had a better chance in the big game to take down the Pats. NY had their chance, and they couldn't beat them. I just hope that they play a better game next month.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Persi, don't waste your time and energy focusing on the Giants' regular season record (10-6 is at least respectable, BTW). In the playoffs everyone starts out at 0-0. You just gotta get there and then anything can happen --- especially in single-elimination games. Look at when the Cardinals won the World Series in 2006 --- they were a whopping 83-78 during the regular season and had something like the 13th best record in baseball that year. Look at the Rockies this year --- they were probably around .500 with 2 weeks or so left in the regular season. It's not that unusual for teams in all sports to squeak into the playoffs and then start getting on a roll. Honestly, once the playoffs start, it's usually the team that's playing well at that time that advances --- not the team with the fancy won-loss record during the regular season.

And before you get the wrong idea --- yes, I'm from New York but I do not like the Giants at all. That being said, I would rather have a thousand paper cuts on my tongue than to EVER root for any team from New England. And the fact that the Giants can wreck NE's perfect season at the worst possible time makes me a little giddy. So, as much as it pains me to say it...ummm....Go Giants! Even though I do think the Patriots will win.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I'd be right along with the rest of them mourning, if I was still there. I'm glad I don't have to see the depressing newspaper headlines, or suffer through the news recaps of the games..

Well here's one Wisconsin girl who's living in Texas who is STILL in mourning - but no one else understands why. What a bummer..

I'm crying right along with the rest of y'all..

~KK~

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

I would rather have a thousand paper cuts on my tongue than to EVER root for any team from New England.
A thousand paper cuts ?????