Advice Wanted

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Sophie - not everyone feels that way!! I am sorry you feel unaccepted. I'm not "part of the group" as well, but I do feel accepted. I hope that you can get that feeling as well.
Thanks for the comments!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

There have been threads on this, about cliques or groups on the site and how others feel left out. I think a lot of people agree that the longer you are here, the more you become part of everything. It makes sense that you become more well-known and then inside jokes happen, etc.

I like you here and appreciate your posts.

So true!
Yes, I recall those threads you are referencing. I just chose not to post in them at that time. I understand what you are saying about "the longer you've been here..." but it's not like I've been here for just a month or two. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

No, it says I was very surprised and upset by your comment. I didn't expect it from you, and I did feel it deserved a comment. I wouldn't read more into it than that. I am blunt, frank and ex. honest with my comments..and I am simply NOT comfortable with how folks handle themselves in the IMO lounge. Not sure what you think that tells you about me...
Considering you took the time to judge and attack me, and then commented on how much you value EVERYBODY,and now you are not sure what I think that tells me about you, ohh, and you didn't expect my reply?
Hmmm, I don't know, what comes to mind is passive aggressive and hypocritical, but then I was feeling attacked, and, well, giving the finger to the monitor just doesn't do it for me.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

You're right, he did say FAR-LEFT liberals, and I missed that... but it's still a generalization presented as if it were fact. It would be so much easier to have a good discussion if we didn't do that.

And having no respect for ANY group is not a function of either liberal OR conservative -- it's just a bad characteristic that some people have.
Carol you do it all the time, and i seen many a post from you where you state how misguilded others thinking are for being conservative, if they only knew they would change.but when asked what views would they changed you refused to answer.

but since we are not in IMO you often seem to think that no one should respond to you. well it does not work that way at all. If a over the top statment is made such as the one Gail made, then you can expect comments to be made. it really easy to stay in the lounge and not give political views

SO it would be ok if i said, TCS would be a much better place if the libs where taken off or not allowed to express there views? or sure i could put them on ignore but some of them i still like( even if they are mis-guided libs
sorry had to throw that in there) but really sorry, i want to see and hear other view points, on the off chance i am wrong.

however to make things better please fill free to add me to ignore if you wish.
cause i will make counter posts to things i disagree with

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

OUCH!!! I am very much a conservative person and I have to say that statement hurts.....like we don't "belong" here because we have different beliefs!!!! I've always felt "unaccepted" here and like I'm not "part of the in group"....and that statement just reaffirmed my feelings!
lol naw dont feel that way. i dont really see my self as a conservative, or libel,
my stance changes based on the subject matter at hand.

But there will always be others who are unable to accept or deal with people who have a different opions, Statments like the one that was made is a perfect expample of such a person,

besides the pics with the kitty you posted was just to cute.

would hate to see you leave.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

If a over the top statment is made such as the one Gail made, then you can expect comments to be made.
Let's get something straight. My comment is not over the top. The OP stated there were some "ultra Conservatives" that she had problems with on the other site. I mentioned in my advice, there were conservatives on this site that I would prefer to no have interactions with, but since they are here, I tolerate them.
This attack of my comments, presenting as if I said kill all conservatives, is typical of the Conservative SPIN that fox news puts on anything a democrat says or does. And is the very reason I ignore them. Furthermore, I support a womans right to choose, stem cell research, gay marriage, end the war now, organized religion is crap, Bush is an idiot. Is that over the top?
Anyone who is offended by my remarks, please put me on your ignore list, and stop hijacking this thread. My comments were intended to help and put things in perspective, but all you did was bring to light exactly what the OP was talking about.
I'm now giving my monitor the finger.