Advice Please...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for you help. With that it worries me a bit less and that she'll be fine.
Angie

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marishka was spayed Tuesday, and after she woke up a few hours after coming home that night she wanted to hide. But to make sure I could give her the pain meds on time, and that I could check on her, I kept her confined in one room. I covered a chair with a blanket and put her bed under it so she could "hide", but otherwise I could find her if I needed to. I was a littler overly-worried that if she started showing symptoms of something going wrong then I would see it pretty soon.

Good luck with that medicine...I am glad Marishka got her last dose yesterday...not so fun, for either of us!

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you have been given antibiotics by your vet it's best to give them. you don't know how your cat will react to the surgery. generally a vet won't give to you just for the hell of it. they usually have a reason. did you have bloodwork done before the spay? they could have seen elevated white blood cells in the results and felt the antibiotics would be best to help with the healing process. if you are still having trouble administering the meds after the above advice please post and i will see if i can help.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my Chachi is an outside cat so she is not used to being inside, only in the garage. I live in Texas and I am not able to keep her in there since the temperatures are usually in the in the 100s during the day and at night the garage is too hot.
Luckily she was here today Saturday all day long so I got to give her both dosages.
If there was some kind of infection, what would be the signs? She has been eating well. I do worry that she keeps jumping the high fence. The stich is still there.
Thanks.
Angie

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angier106

my Chachi is an outside cat so she is not used to being inside, only in the garage. I live in Texas and I am not able to keep her in there since the temperatures are usually in the in the 100s during the day and at night the garage is too hot.
Luckily she was here today Saturday all day long so I got to give her both dosages.
If there was some kind of infection, what would be the signs? She has been eating well. I do worry that she keeps jumping the high fence. The stich is still there.
Thanks.
Angie
If there was infection she might not eat, she might have signs of redness or puss coming from the stich area. he skin could become a yellowish colour with the stress of her liver, she could be licking it a lot or pull the stiches out. the wound could start to puff out almost like a outty belly button. those are just a few to name. if you don't see any of them try not to worry too much. it's a very common sugery and generally the complications come with in the first two weeks. try to keep her home as much as you can and don't let her jump the wall too much. encourage her back home with some tidbits or something.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so far nothing like that has shown. The stitch is there and the color is normal. She is eating very well. It is a week ago today that she had her surgery. I will take her next Thursday to get the stitch removed. Thanks again.
Angie

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angier106

so far nothing like that has shown. The stitch is there and the color is normal. She is eating very well. It is a week ago today that she had her surgery. I will take her next Thursday to get the stitch removed. Thanks again.
Angie
should be fine then doll try not to worry too much.
well done on getting her spayed!!