Advice please

lilly-micheif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As a few of you know I lost my kitten today but I now need advice on my cat as she keeps lookin for her and scratching at the doors to get out then mins later she wants back in I know she is missing Layla and Lilly but I don't know what to do

Any advice plz
(Mischief is not the mother of Layla but was looking after her as Lilly got run over)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Very sorry to read about what happened, and now you feeling worried for Mischief.  It is extra hard trying to understand how to help our cat family when we are in the middle of things ourselves, and so anxious to protect everyone else around us.  

I am putting in a link here to the International Cat Care web site as they have information on bereavement for cats and I hope this will help you and Mishchief.  

http://www.icatcare.org/advice/problem-behaviour/feline-bereavement

Take care, both for you and for Mischief.  

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is surely looking for her, of course. Her little baby buddy.

If Layla had passed at home, she would know it, although she still would kind of be watching for her even though instinct tells them what's up.

But she did not, so she is waiting for her to show up. Time will fade her memory.

Sad, but that's all I know that will help her get over it.

Maybe the link that MServant posted will be helpful :) I'm going to read it now as well.