Advice please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much - she certainly proved both me and the vet wrong more than once.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She had a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry it was her time to go, but she has plenty of buddies to play with now - and she can eat whatever she wants.

Words always feels so empty at a time like this when your heart weeps with such a big hole.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much.

I went through my records last night, I have lost 15 cats (including fosters, although some of those have been here longer than cats I adopted) and Clyde since August 2002.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about strong at the moment!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry it was her time to go. I don't know how you do it, but you're an angel for taking in all these elderly cats and giving them a loving home during their last days.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know how I do it at times, but I know that most of them would have ended up living their life out in a rescue, and for some of them, like Molly, they would have been dead years ago - I took her on 5 years ago as we didn't think she had long left, she was just depressed. Zi had been in the rescue for ages, as they were told she had liver issues (I disproved that), so no one wanted a 17yo with health issues, but she had 3 years here. It is very hard dealing with this part, but offset by the knowledge that they got what all cats deserve - a loving home with someone who loves them, and I just wish I could afford to help more, but as I have a knack of picking cats with health issues, it does restrict me.