Advice Please - now introducing Mia!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I will try to get more pics of her tonight...she deserves a proper introduction in Fur Pictures.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe I just read through this story and bless ur hearts for taken her in
I seen her photos in the fur pics section and she is such a cutie
Hopefully u guys can get the tom soon! I am also sending good vet appointment vibes ur way for tomarrow, and please keep us updated on everything

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have probably already thought of this but I didn't see it. Could you continue to place food in the shed and see if it gets eaten by the other cat? If they were together, he may still be around there.

How wonderful you took Mia in and what a great DH you have

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I didn't think to put food out in the shed yesterday...we were so focused on cat-proofing our basement and getting Mia set up down there.
I'll put some out when I go home on my lunch break.

I told DH everything that Mia would need at her vet appointment and he said, "That's going to be expensive...but that's okay because saving a life is priceless."

Thanks for the vibes everyone...I hope the vet says she is healthy!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I told DH everything that Mia would need at her vet appointment and he said, "That's going to be expensive...but that's okay because saving a life is priceless."
What a guy!

Please keep us posted

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't update last night but we had a busy night! Mia slipped into a 2-3 inch space between our stairs and the wall at the bottom (we can get under our stairs, so we could get her out), so we had to go to Home Depot and nail up some wood to cover up the space. She was fine by the way, but she scared me!

The vet appointment went well! She had no microchip, but they found a spay scar, so she definitely used to have a home. My parents have me feeling guilty that she belongs to someone, but we have asked neighbors, looked for signs, and checked websites and haven't found anyone who has lost a cat. Is there anywhere else we should check?

She only weighs 6 lbs and you can feel her bones so it seems to me like she had been outside for awhile. The vet estimated her age at 2 years, possibly younger. She was negative for FeLV/FIV and got her rabies shot, distemper, and dewormer. No signs of fleas or parasites.

The vet did say that her back knees seem weak and that they were popping a little when he was moving them around. He doesn't know why without doing x-rays and blood tests. They don't seem to bother her and she gets around fine so I'm just going to keep an eye on them for awhile. Any thoughts on that?

Oh and we did see Tomcat again last night near our basement door! Of course he ran off as soon as he saw us and we couldn't find him. He hadn't eaten the food I put in the shed yesterday, so last night I put food out near our basement door where we saw him, which was still there this morning.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could a MOD possibly move this to the Cat Lounge (or wherever is the most appropriate) please? It is no longer S.O.S. Thank you!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Heidi! A couple of people wanted updates and I was afraid they'd never see it over there.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Jenny, just coming back to this - was thinking that the little guy (now a girl) had not turned up last time !

Anyway - wow - things have certainly moved on - she is a sweetie
and its wonderful that you have been able to take her, it was nice to hear from your DH

I am sure she will soon settle to things and start filling out a bit - I wonder what the thing about her legs could be

I am glad that things have turned out well for her and you
you were pretty worried about the whole thing when you 1st started seeing her kicking about in your yard.

Well do keep us posted and of course, when you get chance more photos

Give that sweetie some tummy rubs from me

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that everything went well at the Vet for Mia.
I wonder if the thing with her knees could be genetic?

I hope the little "peepping Tom" comes back and eats soon.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw Peeping Tom again today.
He was just wandering around our yard. I offered him some food but he only ate a little of it. I had stopped putting out food a few days ago for him because it was never eaten. He let me pet him but wasn't happy when I tried to pick him up so I stopped. He does not have a collar but I'm sure he must have a home since he did not want my food and is not skinny like Mia is. Also we only see him every so often. Should I just leave him alone?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, Mia is doing great. We have let Chessy and Emily come down to the basement to explore while keeping Mia in a carrier. Emily only came down a few steps and Chessy wouldn't come near the carrier because he is a scaredy cat.
There was a little hissing between Chessy and Mia. We also let Mia come upstairs while Chessy and Emily were in the bedroom but Mia didn't want to go very far away from the basement either. So things are progressing slowly.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been having supervised visits between Mia and Emily & Chessy every night for the past week or so. There is still hissing occasionally but things are going well. We should be able to let Mia have full-time run of the house by this weekend.
I hate having her separated!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This has been a wonderful thread to read! I missed it the first time.

Mia sounds like a wonderful addition. Thank you for taking her in! She sure is pretty too!

Your husband sounds like a great guy - lucky you!

Best wishes for Mia!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

This has been a wonderful thread to read! I missed it the first time.

Mia sounds like a wonderful addition. Thank you for taking her in! She sure is pretty too!

Your husband sounds like a great guy - lucky you!

Best wishes for Mia!
Thank you!