Advice Please! Colds And Funerals

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Same here. Jon says stay away when I'm sick. I hate it because let's face it I love his affection but yep he will kiss me on the cheek if I'm not super sick but he gets a sore throat and really feels yucky then...he always says get away if I'm sick. But theb the cat will cuddle with him when he's sick then sneeze on me later...luckily she doesn't stay sick for too long. Knock on wood she's not had a bad cold since 2014.

Here's hoping everyone feels better soon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow I guess it really is going around! Reading Mooch's story really made me grateful I didn't go. I don't know if little infants would be there but gathering all the family together especially since the mother just got out of hospital herself from flu, well for them to catch something from me- the girl they only met once years ago at a party...that'd put a black mark on me for sure.
Trust me; your support when real life has to take over again means much more than a quick showing at a funeral. That's when grief is hardest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually I haven't had a New Year's kiss for the last two years! Last year (I guess two years ago now) my DH had noro and this year I had this awful cold or flu whatever. We did hug though and I'm starting to feel more human today so...the future isn't so bleak!

Trust me; your support when real life has to take over again means much more than a quick showing at a funeral. That's when grief is hardest.
Thank you, that is how I sorta felt but I was unsure because my family places a high importance on showing up for things like funerals, weddings, Christenings etc. Not going to a funeral or memorial feels like it's so much worse than not going to a wedding. But I don't regret staying home and we are going to be available to our longest and closest friends going forward.

I think it hit me hard because we've had a lot of deaths lately and the last two services were ones we could not make. The other one would've been to costly for us to travel to go and that was right before Christmas so everything has happened in a very short amount of time.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Zinc, take lots during the fall and winter months to shorten those terrible colds! And for the past 2 years an elderly couple sadly lost a son right before CHRISTMAS, 2 years in a row. I went to the first one, 2 years ago but this past December I was sick with a severe cold so I called the elderly wife told her the circumstances and that they were in my thoughts and prayers and sent a card.
My feelings are that many elderly folks would be at the funeral and even though I believe in sharing this should not be shared and endanger folks who may have compromised immunities.