Advice or well wishes please!!!!

sesheta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got home and I can not find Salem anywhere!!! She is due to deliver any day and has just vanished, I'm so worried I feel sick. All the windows are closed, the door was closed but she isn't here. Could she have gotten out somehow? Would she have left knowing her kittens are due soon? What do I do? Please offer suggestions, or just well wishes, I'm so scared for my baby and her kittens.

I don't know if I should leave the window open in case she got out somehow so she can get back inside or leave it closed in case she is still here somewhere. I have turned the house upside down looking for her, behind and under every piece of furniture, in every room, every dark corner... I'm completely beside myself.

EDIT: Whew!!! I took a flashlight outside and found her under a neighbors porch. I don't know how she got out but I will need to have a talk with my roommate tomorrow, since that is the only possibility I can think of. She is back inside now safe and sound. Crisis averted!

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hope you find your baby soon, when missy gave birth she chose to do so behind the tv in silence you would be suprised they can get themselves in to the smallest gaps check all corners cupboards under furniture beds etc as i say the smallest gap even when there huge
sending positive vibes that you find her very soon

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bad Roomie!
lol but seriously yes for some reason when they are due any day now you do have to watch them. They are slippery little buggers and they WILL try to get out on ya! I am so, so glad you found your baby

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
EDIT: Whew!!! I took a flashlight outside and found her under a neighbors porch. I don't know how she got out but I will need to have a talk with my roommate tomorrow, since that is the only possibility I can think of. She is back inside now safe and sound. Crisis averted!
I'm so glad that she is safely back inside. I would certainly talk to your roommate...but if Salem is a "flight risk" (meaning that she is very sneaky about getting out) you may want to get a hold of a large dog crate to place Salem in for wnen you are not home to personally supervise her. It's also a good idea (and I'm saying this for the individuals who read this thread) to put at least 2 doors between a pregnant cat and the great outdoors. That way...there is less of a chance of escape.

Good Luck with Salem.

Katie

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like that word, "flight risk". I need to tell my husband that and put signs up. We def. have one of those!

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear that you have found your baby safe and sound! I have been letting Spots out of her room a bit but now I make sure the outside doors are locked so that I can hear if hubby is coming in, because she probably would be out the door in a heartbeat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sesheta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I'm so glad that she is safely back inside. I would certainly talk to your roommate...but if Salem is a "flight risk" (meaning that she is very sneaky about getting out) you may want to get a hold of a large dog crate to place Salem in for wnen you are not home to personally supervise her. It's also a good idea (and I'm saying this for the individuals who read this thread) to put at least 2 doors between a pregnant cat and the great outdoors. That way...there is less of a chance of escape.

Good Luck with Salem.

Katie
I am actually keeping her in her own room with two doors between her and outside as you suggested to me previously, which is why I was so shocked to come home and find her missing. The door to the laundry room was open and I was hoping she was just roaming the house but it seems the dear roommate went into the laundry room, left it open and then went out for the evening. He even admited to having to take two trips to the car and leaving the door open for a space of a few minutes. Salem must have managed to escape her room and them scoot out while he was leaving. I seriously am thinking I need to put a padlock on that room!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary! I'm glad you went looking outside! Sounds like you have made the home as safe as you could...now knowing the roomie is a problem, you can correct that too!