Advice on wound

Emz99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I need help, this stray cat has a wound (probably from a fight). Will it heal itself or are there ways to treat it? I dont know how deep the wound is or how serious it is. She doesn’t seem to mind it and doesn’t seem to be in pain either

48C0591C-A51F-4723-932F-8111D0C3BCD3.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emz99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
C0B94C9F-2253-468A-BC9C-BFBBD12A0162.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Others may provide better answer, but you can clean the wound at least twice a day with a mild antiseptic solution to remove any discharge. You may also use warm water.

Some wounds heal with little treatment and not life threatening. But If it gets worse she should be brought to a vet immediately.

You have a good heart by trying to help her. Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get a wound spray for cats at a farm supply store and apply that a couple of times a day if you can. If the spraying sound scares her, apply it to a small piece of rag until it is soaked and apply it that way. One time you can also apply half water, half hydrogen peroxide, but no more or it actually delays healing. I see several puncture wounds, it is almost certain to have come from a fight with another cat or animal, and the area abscessed or became infected. As long as she is eating/drinking it should be healing. If she starts hiding, becomes lethargic, or stops eating she may need a vet and an antibiotic.