Advice on my pregnant cat?!

jessicaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys,

I just joined this site to ask this question, my foster cat came to me two weeks ago and the vet said two weeks ago that she was due any day, ive googled for signs that show a queen is ready to give birth and my cat isnt really showing that many of them. 

Firstly shes reeeeally big! her kittens are constantly moving and kicking and it looks like her bump has moved lower since she first came, her teats have white dry flakes around them, i havent seen any actual milk yet. Shes searching for a nest and is very restless, ive made her numerous nests and have confined her to one room for most of the day but i let her in the living room to stretch her legs for an hour or two a day. She was going to the toilet normally but two days ago she started with diarrhea which she still has now, shes super affectionate and wants to be around me all the time.

she isnt licking her vulva that much that i have seen but i have seen her do it a couple of times. Im just confused because the vet said it would be soon and that was two weeks ago and still no sign of the kittens, shes also eating and drinking normally, she definitely still has an appetite. 

any help would be much appreciated! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When they will come, is no exact science...  Lotsa of our forumites are waiting and waiting.

But several of the signs you write about hits it is very near now.

The luck is, cats manage a too long pregnancy better than humans.

but they dont manage well a too short pregnancy, again unlike humans.

A premature delivery is always highly serious affair fo the kittens...

So dont worry, use the time to preparing yourself.  You do have read suitable links?

Keep reporting!  @jessicaa

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps.  Here are som links I stole shamelessly from my collegue Red Top Rescue:

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links in here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

View media item 212113Cat Pregnancy

How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Premature Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help! Sure enough she had fiver healthy kittens last night, even though the vet said there would only be three! Everything went great and im so relieved :)