Advice on long-lasting URI please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieth sounds a lot like my oldest guy, Jack. He's 8 and loves other cats, especially kittens. My others are all around 1 year old, give or take a few months. We started by adopting Ivy as a kitten last summer, and it went so well we adopted a litter of three (Max, Isabelle, and Delilah) a month later. Max is called Max because my husband and I joked that we'd reached our lifetime maximum for cats. :-) Then we foster-failed with George and Alice. They were just such a good fit with the other cats, and we knew we could give them a great home, so there was no good reason not to keep them.

That brings my to our latest adopted babycat, 8 week old Henry, who was brought into the shelter with a badly broken leg at only 4 weeks old. He's on cage rest which is making it easier to take introductions slowly, though everyone is very curious about him. So nervous...just don't want any of my other cats to be unhappy, you know?
Wow! Your family got big really fast!  It's so awesome that everyone gets along. I just looked up your other post and read about poor little Henry. Such a precious baby. I hope he heals well. I think the introductions will be fine when he is able. Except for Jack (who sounds like a total sweetie), all the others are young and used to meeting new kitties and making friends, right? I really think it's going to be fine. Sending best wishes and good vibes to Henry.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How are the kittens with the URI doing?
Happily Isabelle seems completely well. Sam is much better but still sneezing a bit. I've got my fingers crossed that he gets over it soon.  He's been such a little trooper through this whole thing. And every time I turn on the shower he comes running into the bathroom for his daily steam.

c-attila

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any issues with Lactoferrin causing vomiting? I gave it to Attila, he seemed fine for a week then he would vomit his food when I added Lactoferrin to it.

Last edited:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any issues with Lactoferrin causing vomiting? I gave it two Attila, he seemed fine for a week then he would vomit his food when I added Lactoferrin to it.
Yes. Sam took it for 4 days with no problem and then began vomiting after each dose so I stopped. At some point I will try it again to see if it was just a coincidence or an actual reaction.