Advice on hungry cat feeding schedule

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome, Leapoffaith!! I too have a beggar and his name is Perkins (or Pigins as I call him!! :lol3:) I feed my cats a canned/raw diet. Some are 100% raw and others not. It seems to me that some cat's seem to have a higher metabolism than others. Perkins is a BIG boy and I find that if I offer him a few smaller meals throughout the day he is more satisfied than just two or even three. I feed him four to five small meals a day on schedule. He is not fat but just a big cat - 15 lbs of lean muscle!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leapoffaith03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, we went to the vet yesterday and had his thyroid checked just to be on the safe side. The vet said he isn't even close to having any thyroid issues (she said they use a 2-5 scale, 5 being borderline). He was a 2.5! :clap: his blood work and organ chem panel are also looking "gorgeous" according to her. How I lucked out with an 11 yr old cat in such beautiful health (beyond some IBD) is beyond me but I'm very thankful! So.... Turns out he's just a piggy. LOL :nod:

senchai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just read your last post. Yep, my guess is cats often convince us that they are "starving" and can't possibly live without another bowl of biscuits or wet food...but like humans they eat for other reasons (comfort, boredom, or like me, cos they just LOVE food;)