Advice on food type

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Adopting mid-long hair female at a yr.
Not sure on what kind of food be fit for her.
Have this Sheba wet food (85g).
Is this a good wet food?
Should u feed 01 can per day or half per day with the the other feeding dry?
My friends recommend Wellness but they are on the higer price.
Any feedback from users of ANF dry food users?
Thanks

Attachments

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed a mixture of dry and wet food, and my cats do fine. Sheba isn't a bad food! If you can afford it, feed more wet than dry. For example, my cats get fed 3x a day. During the week, they get dry food as one of their meals. Every other meal is wet food. If your cat will eat it, try adding some water to her wet food as well. Cats naturally do not drink a lot of water, so if they get it from their food (wet food is mostly water), that is best.

I haven't fed ANF, but if your vet recommends it, I wouldn't hesitate to feed it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I can't speak to any of the foods you've mentioned, but did want to suggest that - to start with - you feed your cat the food she is used to getting and then gradually transition her to the 'new' foods. This will help to reduce chances of stomach/digestive tract upset over a drastic, immediate change in food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her current wet food owner is giving us whiskas which the ingredients list is not that good.

PuffandPercy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with FeebysOwner! A short transition time with a 'bad' food isn't going to matter versus years of feeding 'good' food. And that transition can make a difficult time (new people, new places, nothing familiar) a bit easier, because otherwise, on top of your cat being afraid, your cat might have an upset stomach/not want to eat- making things even more difficult or stressful for you too!