Advice on Euthanasia

G

ghostuser

I really feel for you. When I had to make this decision for my cat Toby it was the most difficult decision I had ever made and I was tormented even though he had cancer and it was clear he was going to die.

The only thing I can tell you is that you will make the right decision - your love will guide you.

ctcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keigwin

Perhaps this is true. We all have limitations. As it is, I test his BG daily, give him insulin shots twice a day, give him Cosequin supplements and Adequon intramuscular injections, sponge bathe him every day, give him a full bath every week or two, constantly comb out his matted fur, and clean up his urine and feces when he misses the litter box (which is 90% of the time). On top of this, I have to deal emotionally with seeing him relegated to living his life in one spot, never interacting with the rest of the family, and undoubtedly lonely. So maybe you're right. Maybe this is all I can take.
You are an amazing person to do all this for your cat!!! Only you know your kitty best and can decide when it is time. Whatever decision you make will be the right one because it will be made out of love.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every one of us must face that time
to let go
and free the spirit from the flesh
we love so much and fear
Pain and love go hand in hand
and memories abound

freedom to cross
freedom to grieve