Advice on cat incontinence

Sean Channing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a beautiful one and half year old female cat. In the past few days I have noticed her suffering with a lack of control over her bodily functions. She seems to just leak watery stools here and there without noticing. Naturally, I phoned the vet (I live in a rural town there is only one). They offered me an appointment for Monday morning (because her appetite, and energy level etc are all normal) so didn't class it an emergency. I'm really worried this is a permanent condition that can't be fixed like cancer. Has anyone ever had a youngest cat with similar symptoms and what was the outcome? I would just like to hear other experiences. I have had a lot of visitors coming and going from the home recently so wonder if it could be stress?

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
Stress indeed is a big factor for most of the cats but not sure if here is the cause.
did she have the deparasitations done ? We are confrontingwith a similar problem with Mia but she is leaving some a little poop on the floorafter she finish in the litterbox. Curently we changed her food and seems the problem isnt daily anymore but once a week or so. The vet recommended us to check her feces at laboratory but we are waiting one more “evidence” to pack and send .
hope you find your answear here but the best advice you can get it s from a vet .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sean Channing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Stress indeed is a big factor for most of the cats but not sure if here is the cause.
did she have the deparasitations done ? We are confrontingwith a similar problem with Mia but she is leaving some a little poop on the floorafter she finish in the litterbox. Curently we changed her food and seems the problem isnt daily anymore but once a week or so. The vet recommended us to check her feces at laboratory but we are waiting one more “evidence” to pack and send .
hope you find your answear here but the best advice you can get it s from a vet .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sean Channing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks you for your response. She has been wormed every month. I really guess I'll just have to wait and see. I have a feeling the vet might not even know right away. 😞

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if she eat well, drink watter and go to the litter box as usual you don t need to worry too much . Searching on internet about disease can drive you crazy.
the momentwhen u really need to freak out it s when she don t eat or drink water at all . Cats do have moments like us .
fingerscrossed for both of you!