Advice on cat food (U.K.)

missames_90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Some of you may have seen my post about my little fur baby Bella, she recently had FIC and is now eating Hills Prescription Food for Urinary and Stress Wet & Dry (Hill's PD Feline c/d Urinary Stress - Chicken | zooplus.co.uk )

however it is a lot pricey that’s I had originally thought, my question is does anyone have anything else that is cheaper and just as good? I don’t really know anything about nutrition content in cat food she was always bought up on CatGo Dry Food and only this year Felix Wet Food - she likes both of these and isn’t particularly fussy
Vet recommended to keep her on some form of prescription food for the few months but once this round runs out I would like to see if there something abit more financially better

she’s an indoor cat only and is 8yrs old 💕

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I would feed a good quality all wet food, the best you can afford. There are some good ones on Zooplus that are reasonable and cheaper than Hills prescription, choose ones with fewer ingredients and a high meat percentage, ones like Felix and Sheba are only 4% meat. Also add a little water to each feed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missames_90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Personally I would feed a good quality all wet food, the best you can afford. There are some good ones on Zooplus that are reasonable and cheaper than Hills prescription, choose ones with fewer ingredients and a high meat percentage, ones like Felix and Sheba are only 4% meat. Also add a little water to each feed.
Thanks Verna! Have you ever tried stuff like Katkin? Think you can get it on a subscription?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I havent tried it but tempted to and looked at it several times. They offer a trial package that might be worth going for. If you do, transmission the old onto the new over 7 to 10 days. The ingredients look good.

Another one to look at is Feringa sold by Zooplus

Last edited: