Advice Needed On What Is The "BEST" Canned Cat Food To Buy To Live On After Subtotal Colon Resection

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wasabipea....I need to look for this blue label of Taste of The Wild and see what is in it since the green label is chicken, liver an turkey and the brown label like the cat is seafood I am curious what the blue one is. If you find it let me know. How about going directly to the website for the food itself....I will search to:) Thank you for looking out for me.

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wasabipea....Hello lovely lady...I have not found any Siamese cat forums I have looked and this site don't have anything for my specific breed of cat. If you happen to look and find anything please send me the link I greatly appreciate it. I know you feel you don't know it all and you don't none of us do point I was making you have helped me tremendously the past week now and if it wasn't for you I never would have found Taste of The Wild so I appreciate you so much and your friendship:) I definitely need a forum for Siamese cats and sensitive stomachs or GI Issues... 

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bone Picker and Wasabipea:

I have a question for you both, I need some advice asap. I am new to feeding wet food obviously so I need to know since my cat so far almost 3 days in likes the green label Taste of The Wild that has the chicken etc in it. So do cats need to have a variety of flavors fed to them or will they stick with one flavor only? Will Nala like the one I am feeding now or will my cat or cats in general get sick of the same thing after a while?? Now I am wondering kinda worrying that if she eats this flavor all the time she will eventually get sick of it?? Us humans if we eat the same thing continuously we eventually stop eating it so is cats the same??

Help me on this!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Bone Picker.....So I was right the Wellness Core in the cans are all pate which is what you have been buying...The Divine Duos by them are half and half so I am yet to try them but will...Mine hates pate gravy with shreds only it seems. At least that much was eliminated from the list.  Those other brands you listed are not sold in stores here in Florida must be a northern brand sold I guess. I have to do with what I have here and so far its Taste of The Wild. I will try the duos heck my cat my not like the half and half of pate and shreds my luck she wont be we shall see. Her stool is just getting use to the Taste of The Wild so maybe Wednesday I will try one of the duos and see how she does.... What the hell did she get worms from? What type? That is crazy....Vet told rice is no good for them it is a grain and beef is a no no but hey whatever the cat will eat and it agrees with them I guess you go for....

Wasabipea...Beef is not good but as I said above if she eats it and keeps it down then go for it, every single cat is different even with our vets research....
I guess cats that go outside should be wormed yearly regardless because of wild things they eat.

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes 2 negative stool samples so I made them check her vomit and sure enough she had worms
Oh crap. She was dewormed at the old vets' officec a couple of times not too-too long ago, but she does go outside occasionally for small stints at a time. Did your cat lose weight with the worms?

She hasn't vomited since that one incident.

What kind of worms were they? Did they live in kitty's tummy? I was really thinking it was likely from the cottage cheese being somewhat high on the list of the ingredients of the "offending food" - dairy is supposed to be bad bad bad. I'll have to have them take a peek maybe at a stool sample of if she vomits again. Were the worms in your cat known for not showing up on stool samples?

SL03, As I mentioned in PM the Weruva/Truluxe steak freits sat well with my girl - they were recommended from my friend with the siamese - hmmm... actually she said they fed that to her other cat in it's last days and it wasn't a Siamese. But it is shreds of what looks like human grade meat, seems lean - but there are veggies, big enough to be picked out if you have to. The first time I gave it to my girl, I had to help her get the hang of it by giving her some of the shreads via fork. But if your vet says no beef...

I guess I have bonepicker's attitude, if I'm breaking the rules - oh well - if it goes in one end and comes out the other, awesome.

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wasabipea....Yes you mentioned the beef in your private message to me, Yes I agree if they eat it and they hold it down them onward with it but unfortunately for me I am dealing with a cat that had a major surgery done that affected her colon and may have underlying IBD/GI issues so I don't want to irritate any of the issues any more but I also agree try it if it works then use it. As I said before I don't have Weruva in any store sold here so I cant get its paw lickin chicken to try or the Truluze Steak. Def would love to try them but they are not sold in single cans on line and not sold in any major pet stores here...:(

Last edited:

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasabipea....Yes you mentioned the beef in your private message to me, Yes I agree if they eat it and they hold it down them onward with it but unfortunately for me I am dealing with a cat that had a major surgery done that affected her colon and may have underlying IBD/GI issues so I don't want to irritate any of the issues any more but I also agree try it if it works then use it. As I said before I don't have Weruva in any store sold here so I cant get its paw lickin chicken to try or the Truluze Steak. Def would love to try them but they are not sold in single cans on line and not sold in any major pet stores here...:(
Weruva is good stuff it keeps my two 14 year old dogs alive I think

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As far as mixing two different foods together... I've never heard that it causes instant vomit sessions. Most times when I feel my girl, she gets two flavors in the same bowl (no she's not spoiled, where would you get that idea?) - and they intermingle for sure, some times more than others, but I've never actually mixed them together.

And I have since found out it is bad to do, but both my cats that made it to 18 (one RIP, the other still plugging along) lived on dry mixed with canned for years, and it would get left out during the day - even though I stopped doing that about 5 yrs ago when I went canned only.

*ducks tomatoes*
 I didn't know!

Last edited:

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wasbipea.....

Hey there hope you are having a terrific Tuesday....I have never mixed dry food and wet food together no. I know people feed their dogs that way but I have never mixed dry & wet for Nala doubt I ever will. What I did mix was AD & ID Prescription wet foods, I don't think I made myself clear in my last post I was referring to wet mixing only. I was transitioning from AD onto ID and I added more AD and a little ID and she was so ill. I was told never mix wet foods together it will make them sick so I don't know, my cat was not lucky so just wondering if I should ever attempt it again or not. I never even put tow flavors in a bowl together on separate ends of the bowl I figured that would confuse the hell out of the cat...

I wanted to tell you I didn't realize I had the flavor Catatouille in my cabinet, I laughed I didn't realize what I bought was that. It is by Natures Balance right? It is a chicken and liver flavor seems soupy looking, is this what Bone Picker was referring to? Go figure that brand and flavor I can find locally....

Bone Picker....Is Catatoutille by Natures Balance a chicken and Liver flavor??

If that is the one Wasabipea and you cant find it there, I will buy you a few singles and send them to you if you want:) Just let me know....