Advice needed from you guys..Chaotic environment

eddieem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three cats, 2 1 year old males (brothers) and 1 4 year old female; they are indoor.

Their names are Gray, Scar and Kitta (the female). I have always had Kitta and then I got gray and they for the most part got along well. A few months ago, both got out of the house and they were lost for 4 weeks and the other for two months. {{{Scar was living with my brother}}}}

After I found Gray, he was home by himself and then 4 weeks later I found Kitta, so overall they were apart 2 months.

Since then they never got along anymore, Gray always tried to approach Kitta, but she would always Hiss/growl and try to hit gray so he always backed out. This went on for a month and the behavior was the same.

My brother had to go study abroad, so now I am taking care of his cat (Scar) and Scar and Gray, which are brothers get along amazingly! They play, they sleep together, groom each other, but Kitta cant stand any of them. Every time they pass by each other, Kitta throws herself at them or makes those "ready" to fight noises.

Its funny because Kitta is small, around 7-8 lbs and these male cats are 11-12 lbs, yet they are scared of kitta.

What do you think is going on and what can I do so they can like each other? Kitta has her own litter box in another room and the two brothers share one in a different room.

Another advice I need is: What can I do so my cats can have a fun and joyful life being indoor cats? They always seem to be kind of depressed, sleepy, how do you guys handle this?

Thanks in advance =)

Eddie

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After being apart for so long, they would have needed to be introduced slowly again. Our girl is same way though, the boys get along great and she hates both of them. They aren't allowed within 3 feet of her and she's growling and hissing...but they generally leave her alone.

Cats can have great lives inside too. Provide them with some good toys, many cats even love things you have around the house, places to climb (cat tree with a few levels or shelves they can climb) and of course, some play/affection time with you every day.
I try to play with the cats the same time every day...so they actually look forward to it and will sit there and stare at me to remind me.