Advice for sick cat

Sharonk229

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female kitten that is nine months old, she and her brother became orphans before their eyes even opened and I bottle-fed them and I still have them and I’m keeping them. They have had all their wormings and vaccinations and have been spayed and neutered.
The female was the first to eat solid food, learn the litter box, etc. but about 3 months ago she stopped using the litter box consistently and her poop is very soft with mucus and blood (red). The litter box is clean, scooped at least twice a day. I’ve tried different litters, nothing changes. I have taken her to the vet twice and he cannot find anything wrong medically. But... there is blood and mucus in her poop and the smell is unbearable. She will poop 5 feet from the litter box so it’s not a matter of it being too far away from her. Please can I get some advice?

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Get her to a new vet as soon as you can. Don't take one vet's diagnosis as gospel. In fact, if a new vet can't see you for a few days, I'd consider taking her to an emergency vet. When it comes to blood, its always better to keep getting them checked until an answer is found.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Get her to a new vet as soon as you can.
I agree 100%. :agree: Did the vet ask you to bring in a stool sample? Please consider getting a second opinion from another vet who is not in the same practice or better yet, a feline only vet.

BTW, welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice. Please keep us posted on her progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sharonk229

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I do have an appointment with a new vet on Monday. And she doesn’t act sick, she acts like a normal happy cat. She’s super affectionate and I love her to pieces. I hope the new vet can help.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do have an appointment with a new vet on Monday. And she doesn’t act sick, she acts like a normal happy cat. She’s super affectionate and I love her to pieces. I hope the new vet can help.
I sincerely hope the new vet can help too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :crossfingers: