Advice for commercial raw

lesterktty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Where are you guys buying your RadCat food?

I used the store locator on their website, and it only came up with one result in my area.  I called the store, and they said they don't sell RadCat (it's actually a dog training center - so it's weird that they are listed on the site) - so is this something you can order online?   If so, how does that work (since it has to stay frozen)?
I buy from Only Natural Pets.  It's my only option for my location.  They do a fantastic job of packing and shipping for a $30 rate. I could not be more pleased.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Milly: I'm still doing one meal a day of the S&C frozen raw, and the other 2-3 meals her canned food choices.

Just wanted to advise readers to not give a (younger) cat too many frozen pellets at a time! I think they must expand a little in the cat's tummy!

My eyes were bigger than they should have been yesterday, and I apparently gave Milly a few too many Duck Duck Goose raw pellets at one meal time (which she wolfed down). An hour later, she raced down from her cat tower and threw up her whole meal -- whew, a lot of food! (insert the head-thunking smiley-- what was I thinking!!) It was the first time she threw up any food since I've had her so I've been lucky (she's 8-9 mos old)... I think she was surprised in a kitten-kind-of-way. ("Hey!! What just happened there??!")

I know there have been a few recalls of S&C lately, but I think this incident wasn't related to any bad batch... she had just gobbled too much at one time!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Milly: I'm still doing one meal a day of the S&C frozen raw, and the other 2-3 meals her canned food choices.

Just wanted to advise readers to not give a (younger) cat too many frozen pellets at a time! I think they must expand a little in the cat's tummy!

My eyes were bigger than they should have been yesterday, and I apparently gave Milly a few too many Duck Duck Goose raw pellets at one meal time (which she wolfed down). An hour later, she raced down from her cat tower and threw up her whole meal -- whew, a lot of food! (insert the head-thunking smiley-- what was I thinking!!) It was the first time she threw up any food since I've had her so I've been lucky (she's 8-9 mos old)... I think she was surprised in a kitten-kind-of-way. ("Hey!! What just happened there??!")

I know there have been a few recalls of S&C lately, but I think this incident wasn't related to any bad batch... she had just gobbled too much at one time!
I think the same advice goes for young adult cats!

One of our cats has a tendency to scarf and barf, too, especially when she's worked up. (I do try not to feed the cats right after or right before exercise but they're young and impetuous...) It's hard to believe how much can end up on the floor.