Advice for 7 week old kitten

dccatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am about to adopt a 7 week old kitten and am looking for any and all advice! Including, but not limited to, what type of litter, best food, how often do I feed, what do I feed, etc. I have a 15+ senior cat and a 9 year old cat, both of whom are very playful. We lost our 14 year old cat two months ago and both the cats and I are all mourning.

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
7 weeks is a bit young to leave their family, especially since you have no kittens or young cats, only older cats who might not tolerate kitten antics.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats wet 3x a day. Most people like dry and wet but in the future she may only be able to eat wet then it will be harder to switch to just wet. I give them clay litter. But vets usually suggest yesterday news litter for kittens that young, Until she's been distempered( leukemia,pan leukemia) my vet told me to keep peaches separate from my old cat josie
At first your cats will not like her but will slowly adjust. I had to remove door knobs and a reclining chair.

Sometimes kittens will be too scared to be handled so start on the ground,scratch behind ears,then gradually move up

Last edited: