Advantage vs Frontline for fleas

ghostchant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I've used frontline for my cats' fleas, and this time I got advantage instead. What is the difference? Is one better than the other? Does one do things that the other doesnt? Is one riskier? Thanks

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I prefer advantage, mostly because Etain who is allergic to everything under the sun had a reaction to frontline. She seemed to tolerate advantage ok, and it worked, in one month no more fleas, we didn't even need a second application.

If you have a really stubborn flea problem and advantage just isn't doing it, you might try frontline, I heard that it kills fleas in their larval form as well as adults ... however, I have heard other places that larval fleas are immune to pretty much anything and that you just have to keep killing the adult fleas until there aren't any left to lay eggs. I'm no expert on the subject, this is just what I've heard through the grapevine ...

leilaluv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We use revolution, and its great. It helps not only with fleas, but with heartworm, ear mites, hookworm and roundworm and the kitties dont mind it like they do frontline or advantage.