Adult Food For Kitten?

Kittyloverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I have an enquiry. So my dad went out to buy my cats some wet food, and I told him to get not get the wet food with adult cats on the side. So he got 6 cans, but all of them were adult cat food, he apologized and said he couldn't find where it said adult cats. Anyway, we are running low on cash and need to save for a few days until the next paycheck. I'm wondering if my kittens Bella, 10 1/2 months, and scout, 5 months, will be fine eating the adult food until the end of the week? Thanks in advance

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll be just fine! Normally kitten food is higher in protein and fat than adult food. But no harm will come to your kittens for eating adult food for a few more days.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No harm, no foul. If you can, offer a little more food then normal in case the adult food isn't as filling. But in general, a few days of adult food won't hurt a kitten in any major way.

Feeding adult food all the time could result in stunted growth and/or developmental deficiencies but we are talking long term only fed adult for long periods and a low quality one at that. Which I know is not what you are saying you are doing but to mention for anyone else who stumbles across this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittyloverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the reassurance!