Adult cat suddenly urinating by and into food bowl instead of litter box

cetaceaanne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats, sisters. One hyper and one laid back.  The hyper one has started urinating near the water and food dish.  I had the containers on a short platform to contain the cat food.  Jasmine began urinating outside the food container and onto the nearby floor and door jam.  Have cleaned and cleaned area.  Then just gave up and removed the platform, and removed the feeder that allowed them to eat whenever.  I had found that they eat less if food is available all the time.  When only have food at certain times, they eat more.  She was actually urinating into the bottom soaking all the food.  I placed food into a small bowl, and she still urinated into the food.  Tried different bowls, two so each had a food source.  Seemed to be working.  My husband takes care of the litter area, and over hauled it, but had been staying up on that before.  He just told me she urinated again.  This area is in the kitchen in front of the sink and cabinets, urinated a little into one food bowl and all over the floor.  There are three litter boxes.  Obviously she is trying to tell me something, but I don't know what, and my husband is not as patient as I am.  Help!