Adopting almost 2 month pregnant cat in a couple of days. Have no idea what to do.

Aliyaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help me! Im getting almost a 2 month pregnant cat.. And i dont know what to do. How to comfort her? Should i bathe her or not? How should i pick her up? Should i brush her..?? What to do:(

chewchew's mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There should be some really good info on youtube! I personally haven't deal with pregnant cats before but youtube is always a good place to find answers!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please help me! Im getting almost a 2 month pregnant cat.. And i dont know what to do. How to comfort her? Should i bathe her or not? How should i pick her up? Should i brush her..?? What to do:(
Is she tame? Handleable? What you do or how depends in much on this.

Anyways, the overall rule of thumb is, if we presume she is a shy semiferale: she knows she and her kittens to come, need shelter and help. So, as soon she has landed and understands all try to be friendly, no clear dangers around; she decides this is her best practical chance for her children. And thus, she adapts and copy...

IF she is friendly and handleable, everything becomes even easier...

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do not need to be bathed unless VERY dirty. They are self-cleaning. You could wipe her down with a warm washcloth or use pet wipes for cats. Bathing could stress an already stressed-out cat into premature labor. Cats absolutely hate change, so her adventures lately will have her extremely stressed and unsure of herself. Give her a quiet room to herself and provide a bed, water, food, and a litter box. She will more than likely hide, like under a bed, for days, some for weeks, coming out at night to eat and drink. Sit quietly in the room with her and talk to her, and offer treats. She'll come around in time. You will be blessed for taking her in, she needs you very much. All the luck, we are here anytime you need us!