Adopting 3 year old male cats that have always lived at the shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarabi76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the lack of updates!  Things are going well.  Of course, the boys still don't "Love" me yet, but just in the last couple days they have been comfortable enough to clean each other and play with each other while I am in the room.  Wade (the cream colored one) will even play with me with his pole toy!  They both will tolerate me petting them for a minute, but only when they are in their spot on the cat tree.  They are freakin' adorable, and they still don't talk at all, but they are definitely getting use to me.  If they are on the cat tree, they just stay there when I come in the room.....they really don't get to bothered when I come in here (or my son, for that matter).

There's a link to a short video below of them playing while I was in the room.  Enjoy!

Rox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarabi76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, new update.  So, both cats allow me to pet them when they are in the cat tree....neither appears to be real thrilled though when I do it. ;)  Over the past week or two, I have been leaving the office (aka "cat room") door open at night while I am in here, so the boys can go wandering through the house and explore.  I close them up in here before I go to bed though.  They have been enjoying their wanderings....when I go to check on them though, they tend to run back in here.

Here's the interesting development that started yesterday.  Wade (the cream baby) started meowing at me last night both in this room, and when he went exploring.  He meowed off and on for SEVERAL minutes (if you can even call it a meow...it is more like a pathetic little cry).  Tonight, he is doing it again.  I go out and check on him and he just looks at me and cries more.  This is the first real communication that has been going on.  It is both exciting and sad (seriously, his "cry" is pathetic).

Also, they will play with each other in here when I am here.  It is so cute, because Wade makes that little noise (can't type it, but the little noise they make when playing), so I hear the noise and then running feet.  It makes me laugh.  Then when I look over at them, they are laying on the floor, holding each other, and looking at me like, "What?  I didn't do anything." 

Well, anyway, I thought the crying thing may be a huge breakthrough (or just something that may start getting annoying).

Rox