Adopted runt... looking for help and support

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

misskiwi67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a cat rescue in Iowa? I want to give someone the food and KMR, but the shelter won't take anything thats opened...

enik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misskiwi67

Does anyone know of a cat rescue in Iowa? I want to give someone the food and KMR, but the shelter won't take anything thats opened...
Hi again - I found this Animal Rescue, which no doubt could guide you to a place near you. Good luck! (it was listed in 'Google")

Animal Rescue League of Iowa, 1615 Se 14th St, Des Moines, IA 50320
(515) 284-6905
1615 Se 14th St, Des Moines, IA 50320 Map it | Get directions

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sad for you, but I'm so thankful that this little one knew your love for a short period in her life.

Stephanie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misskiwi67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if anyone will remember this thread, but I had a full necropsy done here at the veterinary school, and it turned out the kitten did not have a fully developed immune system and she died of a liver infection. There was nothing I could have done, even if I'd given her antibiotics she would probably have died at a very young age. I just got busy with school and never got around to posting once I got the results back.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry again for your loss. I can only hope she is well and happy at Rainbow Bridge. Thank you for being a good meowmy, even though it was a short time. . .

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for the update. It could help others in a similar situation.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Out of respect for the little kitten that has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.