Adopted a new kitty!!

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I filled out the adoption paperwork for a new kitty yesterday, and he comes home on Wednesday! (He needs some dental work before he's ready to come home). I'm SO excited to get him!! I took a bunch of pictures at the shelter and thought I'd share some with my fellow cat lovers!
I've decided to name him Marcel.

I got him through an agency that adopts cats out of high-kill county shelters, but he suffered some neglect at his first shelter for a few weeks before they found him, so he's in a little bit rough condition. He's pretty underweight and his coat is not in ideal condition- it's pretty matted and he's lost a bunch of fur. I know he's going to clean up nicely though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely a character! But he only looks like a grump. He was all happy cuddles and purrs the entire time I was there! Just a little sleepy (the shelter staff said the volunteers had just been through and exhausted all the cats with playing and petting)!

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks like he has alot of personality.He's going to be a good looking cat with some weight gain.
for good health!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful! I can't wait to see him all healthy and happy in your care.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by evakatharina

Draco - YES! Do you work there!??
OMG!! I DO volunteer there! Every other sundays! Wow, a small world!! LOL.

He'll do well with you, he just needs some TLC!

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

OMG!! I DO volunteer there! Every other sundays! Wow, a small world!! LOL.

He'll do well with you, he just needs some TLC!
How funny! Seems like a really great place! I live in Brooklyn and had to take the train out to Cold Spring Harbor to come meet him and someone even came to pick me up from the train station! Seems like you guys really do an amazing job of doing everything you can to get kitties into forever homes!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise

How funny! Seems like a really great place! I live in Brooklyn and had to take the train out to Cold Spring Harbor to come meet him and someone even came to pick me up from the train station! Seems like you guys really do an amazing job of doing everything you can to get kitties into forever homes!
Not to brag, but we are the best, lol. We have people come from NYC to adopt the cats. We want to see them in good homes, even if they're so far away! So glad you made the trip to see him! Now I can keep tabs on you and the kitty here
You'd better keep regular updates!!! LOL

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Not to brag, but we are the best, lol. We have people come from NYC to adopt the cats. We want to see them in good homes, even if they're so far away! So glad you made the trip to see him! Now I can keep tabs on you and the kitty here
You'd better keep regular updates!!! LOL
I promise to post updates! I think he might be getting a lion cut when he's under anesthesia for his dental (his dental is today! Send ) so he's going to look VERY silly and I'll definitely have to post pictures of that!!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise

I promise to post updates! I think he might be getting a lion cut when he's under anesthesia for his dental (his dental is today! Send ) so he's going to look VERY silly and I'll definitely have to post pictures of that!!
Lol, lioncuts on persians makes me giggle every time. At least the fur should grow back healthier looking!

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Lol, lioncuts on persians makes me giggle every time. At least the fur should grow back healthier looking!
That's what I'm hoping! I asked them if it would be possible because he's still matted on his back legs and he didn't seem super keen on letting anyone brush those out (although he loved being brushed on the front half of his body).

I loved so many kitties at the cat center though! I wish I could have taken them all home!! I would like to volunteer there if I lived closer, but I don't know how I would manage to volunteer at an animal shelter without acquiring about a hundred new pets.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely at least part Persian... he will clean up just great! That Persian coat is high maintenance so it is a good thing he likes being brushed!!