Adobe Photoshop Elements

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Lei, the "... for Dummies" books really are a huge help, even though you're going to have some really strange results while experimenting.
Hubby has dared me to post this
I have no doubt that the Dummies book is what I need.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I haven't mastered that yet. I have been trying the lasso tool, the magnetic lasso tool, and the magic extractor. One of my problems is that I tend to photograph Abby with a background that is similar to her coloring. The software has a harder time distinguishing Abby from everything else.
I've been using the "magic wand", but I have trouble with a lot of backgrounds. I have so many good pictures of Jamie on our Oriental rug, and find the rug almost impossibly difficult to "remove", because there are too many colors. Or the photo is against a night sky (he sits in the windows a lot), and the black part of his coat just blends in. I was making the mistake of downsizing the photos, too, before working on them. Now I'm leaving them full size, and it's much easier.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah it's very hard to work with tiny photo's, not to mention the fact that small photo's usually don't come out as well. The way I do it is make the signature large, then when it's done I resize it. The best size to start the signature at is to start with 1100 x 300 pixels, then once the signature is done, I resize it to 600 x 150 or in my case because 145 x 532. I usually ad the text after I've resized it, but everything else is done while it's larger.