Adjusting To New Kittens

adnerb4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I am happy to say that I recently adopted 3 new kittens who are littermates. I lost my prior 2 senior kitties 6 months apart due to various health issues. Now I am finding myself watching over these 3 new kittens like a "helicopter" mom. I keep worrying about things, like are they breathing too fast. did they get lost in the house, are they eating enough, are they playing too rough, etc... I don't know if it is because I spent so much time caring for my senior kitties that I am afraid I might miss something with these kittens? I feel like I am crazy, but it's almost like I am just waiting for something to go wrong. Will I ever just be able to relax and enjoy their company? Has anyone else ever experienced these feelings?

They have been vet checked and given a clean bill of health, but one seems to make odd noises when he is purring and almost sounds like he could be wheezing once in a while. They all go back to the vet next week for their last distemper boosters so I will mention it again, but I just feel like I am constantly worrying about them.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It must be lively at your house! How old are they? If you can take a short video on your phone of the one that might be wheezing you can show that to your vet when you go next week. Take lots of pictures-they grow so quickly and depending on their coloring will even change more.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can understand your anxiety perfectly. Take @Pjg8r’s advice and enjoy your kittens. And try not to obcess too much, they will tell you when something is wrong. Can we have a photo?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adnerb4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please meet Loki, Thor, and Freya....They were all born about April 1st, so they are about 3 1/2 months old.
loki.jpg
Loki has a heart on his side, it is so unique! Thank you for your support. I am really trying to just enjoy them and I know it will get easier.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so darling! I know how you feel. I just lost my dearest cat to cancer in March. I brought home a kitten in June and I've been emailing my vet so much within the 6 weeks I've had this kitten, they've started charging me LOL

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I totally understand.. I feel the same way with my two new kittens. I’m watching them like a hawk, spending whatever amount to make sure they have a good quality of life (food, toys, water fountain, litter robot - well thats for me).

My kitties are sneezing and took them to the vet right away. I over reacted. But still, I want nothing but the best for them.

I realized yesterday, that I need to calm down my babies are healthy and happy.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! Are they fixed yet? Don't delay on that since you have girls and boys. The girl can go into heat surprisingly young.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
jen jen You weren't kidding in your signature, were you? ;)

I'm just playing with you. I agree with your above post 100%