Adding A Almost Year Siamese To A Family

kyya88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi new to the site. I have a beautiful to tabby mix who about 4 years old(Furball). She is as sweet as can be. However i recently brought a possible Siamese female approx 11 months old (Cleo) into the house. It's been almost a week and there is still a lot of growling and hissing from Cleo especially when she comes close to Furball. Cleo is just warming up enough to let me pick her up. I am following her pace as far a dealing with me. But poor Furball just wants to walk to the food dish without being bitched at by Cleo. How long before they make nice?

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
5B0D3F1F-1334-4994-83F4-80C0A8A1C528.gif
kyya88, Furball and Cleo, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
1012537E-D615-40B8-A21A-0E438247A760.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Cute cats. Hopefully in time they'll be best buds. :catlove:

For now, however, you may have to separate them and do an "official" introduction. It's very rare, btw, for a resident cat to immediately accept a new cat into their home.

I'll post links to some TCS articles with more info. Also, since this is the "intro" thread, you may want to start another thread in our Cat Behavior forum, where it will probably get different members reading and responding.

Here are the article links:

How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
The Multi-cat Household

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm sure Furball and Cleo will learn to become friends but it takes time and patience. A week is a very short period and every situation is different. Best of luck, please keep us updated on the introductions. :crossfingers:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
How are they doing now kyya88 kyya88 ?
Growling and hissing is pretty normal. It's good that they're not actually fighting.

And welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: We look forward to hearing more about your fur-kids, see seeing more photos, of course. :)