Added a new family member!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Went to breakfast yesterday morning at our local Coffee Shop. As I was leaving , I saw streaking toward morning traffic this tiny furry thing. At first I thought it was a rat! Then I noticed it looked just like a siamese kitten. He ran up a short palm tree 2 feet from the busy morning traffic. Scared me to death!

I reached in to grab him and he bit the pooh out of me til I grabbed him by the scruff. My husband pulled up beside me and asked what did I think I was doing? Well I couldn't very well let it get squished in traffic.

Eric ran me to the vet so that I could try to put him up for adoption and they told me that they were overcrowded with kittens at this time and I could take him to the Humane Society. Just couldn't do it. So they did all his blood work. Put him on deworming meds. They put some kind of oil for fleas on him, they were just covering his whole body. They say he is 4 to 5 weeks old and too young to vaccinate. Weighed 1 pound 2oz. Told me to take him home and fatten him up and bring him back in 2 weeks.

I named him Mocha after my favorite cup of coffee. Right now he is going to work with me during the day and back home at night into our bathroom in the bedroom. The vet said to keep him away from my other cats for 2 weeks to make sure he has no uri or anything like that. I will post picks of Mocha at work as soon as I can.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eva, how exciting! And you are a saint for helping a kitten that so obviously needed to be rescued
. Cannot wait to see pictures and hear updates on Mocha! I bet he's lovely

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures. What an angel you are and how lucky Mocha is to have found you.

catwoman70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats...just think he was scared thats why he bit you! hahha...OUCH..but now he is in a loving home! How sweet is this story! I can't wait to see Mocha soon!!! Hugs to Mocha!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I can't wait to see pictures of little Mocha!!

What an angel you are to take him into your home and not just hand him over to that Humane Society, he is so very lucky to have found a home with you! I know that you will keep him safe and give him all that love that he needs!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
are you going to keep him? has he found his furever home? the kit sounds adorable
- i would end up keeping him!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new addition. Mocha sounds adorable. Bless you for taking him in. Can't wait to see pics!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

are you going to keep him? has he found his furever home? the kit sounds adorable
- i would end up keeping him!
I would end up keeping him too!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I'm going to keep him. We waited at the vets for almost 45min to be seen and by then I just couldn't give him up. After I was bitten I was worried that he might be too wild. But as soon as my husband started rubbing his ears he started purring and hasn't stopped since.

Mocha is getting use to all the embroidery machines at work and I'm going to
continue take him to work during the day and at night take him home. I would like him to be the store kitty. But I just can't leave him at night.
I have a huge crate set up with litter box, bed and food. But so far he has used it only to eat and to use the litter box. For the most part he runs up and down my desk and sleeps in my shelf in a bed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Yes, I'm going to keep him. I have a huge crate set up with litter box, bed and food. But so far he has used it only to eat and to use the litter box. For the most part he runs up and down my desk and sleeps in my shelf in a bed.
he sounds very healthy - all that energy! waiting [im]patiently for pix of the new baby!