Activyl

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's okay to be upset. It's what makes us human. Don't be angry with yourself for a normal feeling.

If you have carpet, look into carpet powders for fleas. Seven Dust and diotamaceous earth are good. Sprinkle it liberally, wait a bit, vacuum it up.

You might see fleas occasionally. They come from outside. They jump on your clothing and hitch a ride in. They will be disappointed when they die.

Like many insects, fleas are a naturally occurring nuisance, but if you treat your cats on schedule they will not be able to survive in your house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gatitabonita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went on a cleaning spree.... I hope I don't see no more fleas, I also spray more raid. Guys please wish me luck.

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Best of luck! Remember that is normal to see a few fleas now and then.

gatitabonita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahhh I don't know if is dry skin or eggs on one of my kitten's neck.... How do I know? Looks like dandruff but not sure what it is... Can someone please help me?

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it in the same place that you put the activyl? It might be dry skin from the activyl. Comb the kittens with a flea comb and if you don't see fleas it is probably dandruff.

gatitabonita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes the same place.... I don't have a flea comb right now :( maybe if my older cat has the same problem in the sane spot then it might be dry skin.

Ugh I hate this, it makes me want to run far far away...

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It *looks* like dry skin, to me, but the picture isn't clear here and the best way to tell is with a flea comb and I'm not a vet!
I would not be too worried. The flea treatment will kill fleas even if it is eggs. Try not to irritate the area in case it's dry skin. Does the other kitten have similar flakes?

gatitabonita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes poor babies both have the dry skin, I don't know if is safe to keep applying activyl on them. But I have to say it did work like a charm I haven't seen no fleas on them.