Active and vocal aftet neutered

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20230831_211127.jpg

Baymax was neutered this morning. Everything went great he looks like he's feeling good. (Pic is from night before) I'm wondering is it normal for male cats to be active and vocal after neutered? I have him in a large kennel but I let him roam for a little bit and he just wouldn't stop walking around and rubbing up against me, more than usual. He wants to play with his kitten brother stitch but i have them separated. He ate and everything after he got home. I'm limiting his access to roaming so he's mostly within the kennel. Will it be safe for him to roam freely tomorrow and interact with his brother and sleep with him? Is the excessive affection and pacing / roaming normal? And hes also very vocal in the kennel he eont stop meowing poor thing, im assuming he wants out. Is the exsessive vocalization normal too? Thanks!

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, his behavior might be a reaction to the anesthesia and the whole event. Hopefully he becomes more himself soon :).

If they don't play hard, you might try leaving them together, with supervision in case they do.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
his behavior is normal. Sometimes the excessive vocalization is a side effect of the anesthesia and sometimes it’s just the cat needing to comment about their scary and unnerving day. He may also be looking for reassurance that everything is back to normal and okay. I would keep them separated overnight. You want to be sure he has plenty of time to get rid of the vet smell so that his brother recognizes him when they are reunited. If you allow them to be together tomorrow I would supervise to see how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, his behavior might be a reaction to the anesthesia and the whole event. Hopefully he becomes more himself soon :).

If they don't play hard, you might try leaving them together, with supervision in case they do.
Thank you! I hope so too.

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
his behavior is normal. Sometimes the excessive vocalization is a side effect of the anesthesia and sometimes it’s just the cat needing to comment about their scary and unnerving day. He may also be looking for reassurance that everything is back to normal and okay. I would keep them separated overnight. You want to be sure he has plenty of time to get rid of the vet smell so that his brother recognizes him when they are reunited. If you allow them to be together tomorrow I would supervise to see how it goes.
Thanks! I did let stitch sniff him through the kennel, they seemed fine, they wanted to play. I've hung put with him while he's outside of the kennel he just wants to keep jumping and such so I'm hoping tomorrow he is better to roam more freely with stitch.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is doing much better! I kept him quiet and settled for 48 hours. He's healing nicely and he's definitely back to normal. 🙂
How comforting! Glad to hear.

If you have the want and some time, we always love to see photos of both cats! You can post here or there are lots of photo specific threads to join in on.

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How comforting! Glad to hear.

If you have the want and some time, we always love to see photos of both cats! You can post here or there are lots of photo specific threads to join in on.
Yeah definitely! I will find a thread and make a post of just pictures oc them. 😁