ACFA show pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

What did the judges say about his coloring?
The first three judges thought he should be a seal lynx mink. I couldn't find Carol before the show, and another presenter who seemed to be well-respected told me to change his color to just a seal lynx point (I knew it was wrong, but I went along with it ). Carol (the judge that is an expert on cat genetics/coloring)l, on the other hand, thought his eyecolor was too yellow to be a mink. She says she sees ticking on his back fur... so, she agrees with Goldenkitty, that he is probably a chocolate ticked tabby or a chocolate silver ticked tabby. She says she can't tell for sure because the eyes aren't green (seen with purebred silvers) and the shading isn't dramatic enough to call him a silver. She took the time to look at my photo album and came to that conclusion after looking at the parents. She called him a mink at first, too.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shannon...I have an idea...why don't you show the lovely Ms. Godiva as well as Tobie???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Shannon...I have an idea...why don't you show the lovely Ms. Godiva as well as Tobie???
I've thought about it, but Godiva isn't show quality for one, and secondly, she FREAKS OUT in the car... she is such a drama queen. She throws up AND pees and poos if you don't hold her the whole time. I think she'd handle the ring pretty well as she is incredibly docile and I've never seen her cop an attitude with any of our cats, but she would be miserable in a cage and might not like all the commotion. She might be one of those cats that just freezes in the ring cage and turns limp. Oh, and her meow would drive everyone crazy.
In the one here in Indy, I might bring her just to hang out with Tobie on the bench and see how she reacts.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my rex females hated riding in a car - she's throw up within 5 mins - she didn't mind the shows, but I can't walk there