Accidently Took my Cat's Meds - Please Tell Me I'm not the Only One

xox-zip-xox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As the title says, I accidentally ingested medication intended for my cat. I'm going to be fine, the medication is also used in humans and it's such a small does it's unlikely to have any effect however that doesn't make me feel any less stupid. The worst part is, it wasn't even a mixup, I just got distracted talking while I had the pill in my hand and the next thing I knew I had swallowed the thing! Ugh! I'm feeling like a really inadequate cat owner right now and thought posting here might help. Please tell me I'm  not the only one to make this mistake...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not quite done that, but have come close.

However, I have double-dosed myself on my own meds. And then one day, not long ago actually (couple weeks maybe?) I was obviously not paying attention and threw a lot more pills in my mouth than I intended. I'd taken the bottle, threw all the pills in my hand. I grabbed the three that I needed, the proceeded to throw those three back in the bottle, and then threw the rest into my mouth. Thankfully, I realized it in time to spit them all out. Unfortunately, that was a dozen pills down the drain (or in the garbage can I should say).

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Um... yeah. I did that once. You aren't alone. I'm in Stupidville right along with ya. But YOU are just a visitor passing through here... I'm a year-round resident! 

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back in September, one of my cats started having to take 1.25 mg Pepcid twice a day. I went and got him a pill box (and a pill cutter) from Walgreens to help me keep track of his doses. I picked up another one for me to help me remember to take my vitamins. His is clear and mine is blue. That helps me avoid any mix ups!

jobo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I took worming tablets once!! Bad tummy for a few days, but at least I don't have worms.[emoji]128569[/emoji]