Accidentally Ran Out Of Alnutrin - Not Sure What To Do

chris87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I make homemade raw for my cats using ground meat with bone from Hare-Today. I forgot to order Alnutrin, and I just realized that I have none left. I can get it for Wednesday, but I need to make food for my cats in the interim. I'm not sure the best way to proceed. I don't know if I should try to mix my own supplement, or if it's okay for them to go 2-3 days without it. I have some cavies that I had made last week, but neither cat will eat it. I suppose I could try to mix it with chicken and see if they'll go for it. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. I can't believe that I forgot to order the Alnutrin.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think they'll be fine eating unsupplemented meat until Wed. :)

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it's just for a few days, some muscle meat, liver, and eggshell powder (in the appropriate proportions) should do the trick. Not a completely balanced diet, but decent in a pinch.

Are there not any canned or commercial raw foods that you could keep on hand for situations like this?

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, a couple of days should be fine, esp if ur kitty needs new food transistion. You may want to throw in 2-3 pcs of chicken hearts. Since incident does happen which may set up to consider an alternative, like standby a commercial raw food if canned food is not preferred.
Once I ran out of premix, my kitty had to eat the raw meat w/o the usual premix. I did add the extra hearts n livers. This incident made me to consider to get a commercial raw one although it is costly to me. My kitty needs a slow food transistion, thus impt to get an replacement to standby if cases of such emergency. He is now not just taking his usual main raw meat (human grade fm local market) with the premix but once a while hv some mix from the commercial raw food that I thrown in which he has adapted n accepted the "new" one. U may consider that gog forward if it is easier for u. :)