Accidentally gave Reiki prednisolone this morning...

nina augustine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Reiki who has lymphoma has been responding well to chemo, but for an unknown reason went into septic shock, was hospitalized for a few days but is now back home with her brother and sister. She is supposed to have prednisolone once every 24 hours and I forgot that we had given it to her last night as it was her first night home, things have been pretty hectic! Just called the vet, and they say it should be okay, just call if she seems to have any reactions (that freaked me out a bit) and to make sure to just wait 24 hours before giving it to her again. Any thoughts? Picture attached taken as I was typing this!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Jut sending vibes for her Lymphoma to go into remission

I doubt of one extra Pred will hurt too much, but glad you called the Vet.  I would do just what they say, and watch for any reactions.  Try to relax, as she'll pick up on your stress.  I know easier said than done, but try

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I am just going from my gut: I do not feel/think the dose would be of any harm; as long as you do not double dose her tonight...resume regular doses tomorrow.

((hugs))