Accidental Drive Off

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
everything is pre -pay around here. I havent pumped first in years and years. The pump doesnt go on until you've paid.

i did drive off with the hose still in my tank. That was an expensive mistake ($160). I didnt appreciate everyone laughing and pointing when I did it. That seems really rude.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

At Target a few years ago the cashier bagged an item (a tray of Oreo cookies) but must have accidentally not scanned it because later I noticed it wasn't on the receipt. I felt like I had stolen something, so I actually brought the cookies back into the store and paid for them. They must have thought I was some kind of loon.
OK, I've got to admit I wouldn't do that. I figure that 1) it's the store's fault and 2) I've left bags with items that I paid for on the check-out counter before, so it pretty much balances out. I have noticed a clerk miss an item and told them about it while checking out, though.

Originally Posted by kluchetta

I had sort of an experience like that...I pressed "credit" outside, and went throught the whole thing that I didn't want a car wash or a receipt, etc. etc. Then filled my tank and went. When I got home, the police were waiting for me and said I didn't pay. So I had to go back and pay. Possibly AGAIN, and I ALWAYS press that I want a receipt now!
I think I would have called my credit card company (or looked online) to see if the transaction was there. Usually those pay at the pump transactions show up as a $1 charge for a day or two until the actual amount gets charged to the account.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow so many people have to prepay, there is the option to prepay here but its an option not compulsory (some switch over to prepay only at night or have prepay only on certain pumps for speed).

I can't say I have ever done that, but I have walked out of a restaurant and went back, it was partly the waitresses fault though, I had my credit card in the check cover and we were chatting for about 15 mins and said lets go. I assumed I had signed and then realised I didnt have a receipt and went back for it. The waitress had picked it up and put it back down when she seen something needed at a neighbouring table - she didnt even realise we had left and was apologetic for forgetting to come back for payment